ScriptManager in Master Page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:15

ScriptManager in Master Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

I'm using my own Master Page as a template and if I don't put an <asp:ScriptManager> tag in the master page, I get an error when I try to view the website. However, if I put in a <asp:ScriptManager> tag in the master page, I get an error when I try to edit the page in Administration.

Is this a bug? Do I need to add my <asp:ScriptManager> tag differently or in a different location?

The pages I have created so far are simply place holders...there is only a generic content container with some text on each page. The master page has a content place holder to which I have added a menu Navigation content object from the toolbox.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Philip,

If you have added NavigationControl from the Toolbox  this control explicitly "adds" ScriptManager on a page , because it has an attribute - [RequireScriptManager(true)]. If you have dropped the RadMenu control you have to use ScriptManager. By default we add the ScriptManager internally inside the RouteHandler which is a base class in Sitefinity that handles all requests.

We made some changes to the way that ScriptManager is added to a page and fixed some issues that will be available in the weekly internal build.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed