Generic Items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:19

Generic Items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

I wanted to know the possibility of creating a generic content with Sitefinity 4.0 RC is the same functionality already existing in Sitefinity 3.7.

In fact, in version 3.7 I can create a html content via the widget "Content Block" and I can still use it as a generic.

In addition, when display I can select one or more generic Items, not as in version 4.0 where I have a widget “Generic Items list”.

To be precise, I'm talking about the function of "Shared Content" V 3.7 and if it is no longer what's the alternative?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Millaneli,

Sharing and branching option in Sitefinity 4.0 and its ContentBlock control will be implemented after the official release Q1-Q2 when the ContentBlockDesigner will be extended. Currently you need to implement a custom widget and use the API to create such a control that will branch and share content data.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Please, do you know the date of the official release Q1-Q2?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Millaneli,

The official release of Sitefinity 4.0 is scheduled in the middle of January.
Q1 release is in the middle of March
Q2 release is in the middle of July

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks for the answer. Has anyone wrote such control that we can use as an example?
I find the lack of shared generic content quite disturbing as I used it to give some of my users a simple way to update their site.

Given the delay, it would be nice to have a sample in the forum on how to workaround this missing implementation.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Jerome,

We will try to create a small blog post or update this post with a sample code. The implementation is not trivial. It will require

1. Custom control with ControlDesigner.
2. Working the the API to create a content item or branch it to a content of RadEditor (HtmlFiled in Sitefinity ) control.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed