Create a page with a querystring in the URL for the menu

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:19

Create a page with a querystring in the URL for the menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

When creating a page in the Administration area, the url setting does not allow me to include a querystring. However, I need the automatically generated menu item to include a querystring parameter in the link to pass to the user control on the resulting page.

For example...I'm creating pages that list our Report Requests by type. So the menu and corresponding links would look like this:

Requests
          All Requests (/requests/all-requests)
          My Requests (/requests/my-requests?queue=My Requests)
          Unassigned Requests (/requests/unassigned-requests?queue=Unassigned)

All 3 of these pages use the same user control, there is just logic in the user control to filter the resulting grid based on the querystring parameter.

Is there a way to specify a querystring when I'm letting Sitefinity generate my menu objects for me? Or is there another option you can recommend to accomplish this? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Philip,

The current implementation of pages does not allow you to enter query string directly in the url of a page and we do not have an option for additional url. This is something that we are going to discuss and see how could be implemented. The simplest way to append some query string to the url is using another user control with a single public property where you can set the QueryString on page. The control will add the QueryString with Response.Redirect  to the page inside Load event. I agree that this is not a good solution, because there will be always two requests to the page, but this is the simplest way to achieve your goal.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed