'Telerik.CMS.CmsManager' does not contain a construc

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:55

'Telerik.CMS.CmsManager' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments - MigrationExportService.cs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

I've been testing the migration tool and have run into an error that I'm hoping someone will have and Idea on how to get around. 

'Telerik.CMS.CmsManager' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments - MigrationExportService.cs

Thanks, Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Joshua,

Most probably you are using an older version of Sitefinity where CmsManager does not have constructor with parameters. We implemented this constructor in Sitefinity 3.7 SP3.

Options
- upgrade to Sitefinity 3.7 SP4
- remove the parameter from the constructor and modify the code of the migration tool.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

I have get only MigrationExportService and SiteFinity 4.0 folders in current release versions of "Sitefinity Migration Tool 0.4 Alpha"  and "Sitefinity Migration Tool 0.3 Alpha"  ,
these folders have not contain MigrationImportModule. As these are newer releases.

Is there any special reason to not have MigrationImportModule?

I found all 3 of folders MigrationExportService, MigrationImportModule and SiteFinity 4.0 inside "Sitefinity Migration Tool 0.2 Alpha" release which one is older than remained both.
I am using currently this same release version of Migration Tool (
Sitefinity Migration Tool 0.2 Alpha)

Is this error message is "Telerik.CMS.CmsManager' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments - MigrationExportService.cs"
related to Sitefinity Migration Tool 0.2 Alpha   which i have been using  ?

Thanks
Vishal and Vijay

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Vijay,

The error message "Telerik.CMS.CmsManager" does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments occurs because you are using Sitefinity 3.7 version prior to SP3. Please see the suggestions Ivan Dimitrov gave in his reply above.

As for the missing MigrationImportModule folder - my initial intent was to simply rename "MigrationImportModule" to "Sitefinity 4.0" but due to some problems when renaming folders in svn I created a new folder and deleted the old one. My idea is that when Sitefinity 4.1, 4.2 etc. are released with additional modules and features, we could create an extended migration modules that are specifically for versions 4.1, 4.2, etc. and that's why since the current module that imports the content targets version 4.0 there is a folder with this name.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Lupi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

I've followed the instructions for updating to 3.7 SP4.  Originally my version number was:
After the update it is:

Yet I am still getting the same error as above regarding Telerik.Cms.CmsManager.

Did I not use the correct patch?  I used the one titledStandard edition trial patch for .NET 3.5 (zip, 14 MB),  which should fit with what I'm doing, as I am using the 3.5 framework for my project.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Joshua Martyn,

Did you apply the patch in your website's project folder? Could you check the version of Telerik.Cms.dll in the bin folder of your project and verify that it's 3.7.2136.x? You might need to rebuild your site and the migration tool against the new DLL files from the patch as well.

Kind regards,
Lupi
the Telerik team

The version number of Telerik.Cms.dll is indeed 3.7.2136.2

I copied everything inStandard edition trial patch for .NET 3.5 (zip, 14 MB),  the to my website's project folder following the instructions here: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/upgrade-instructions.aspx

I have built, and rebuilt my project, which builds fine, but when I try to build MigrationExportService, that's when I get the Telerik.Cms.CmsManager error.

OK, might have figured this out.  Hopefully this will be helpful to someone.  The folder that I unzipped the patch to contained a variety of Telerik .dlls in the Bin folder.  As following the instructions in the link above, I copied all the files from the patch into my project, overwriting the /bin's older Telerik .dlls with the new ones for the patch.

So then after adding the MigrationExportService project to my solution and trying to build it, this is where I was getting the error.  So I checked the version of Telerik.Cms.dll that was in the MigrationExportService project and it was referencing an old Telerik.Cms.dll.  So I removed that from the References and then added it back in from the location of my web project's Bin folder (which has the new version from the patch).  After this, new errors appeared related to the version number of the following 3 dlls.
Telerik.Security
Telerik.Framework
Telerik.Workflow

So I removed those 3 from MigrationExportService/References and then added them back in from my website project's /bin folder (again this bin folder contains the new Telerik .dlls from the 3.7 sp4 patch).  Now MigrationExportService builds.

This thread is closed