Setting Granular Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:04

Setting Granular Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

I have a project that I am working on where the client want's to implement Microsites for it's carriers. Example, they are a financial company using John Hancock Products, they want John Hancock to have a microsite in their portal that the carrier can update news items, publish content about new products, etc.

Most of the code should already be there, Create the user, assign them to a role (Carriers) allow that role to see and manage pages in a Page group. 

But when I create a new custom role and set the role permissions  they only see the Dashboard with no options, If I also add them to the editor role, they can see the page node. When they click on the Page node, they get an error message about not having access to page template. 

This is 4.0 RC newest release. Any help, I am getting close to a deliverable date on a whole new site. (Public Site and Portal).

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi John,

When you have a custom role you need to go to the Backend pages and set permissions for then newly created role, otherwise the user you use will see only the Dashboard menu.

If this user belongs to Editors role he/she should be able to access Dashboard, Pages, Content. Please make sure that your user does not belong to anther roles where you have denied the access to Pages and Content.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed