Imported Content Not Showing in Firefox

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:11

Imported Content Not Showing in Firefox

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

I used the import tool available on Codeplex to import my pages and other content, but the content blocks are not being rendered in Firefox although they work fine in IE. I understand the import tool is not yours to support, so all I am asking for is any direction that you may be able to provide that would allow me to update the content programatically rather than having to manually copy and paste the content into new content blocks. If you know what the conversion tool may have missed that Firefox could be looking for I would be much appreciative of any direction you could provide.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Hate to bump my own post, but I just wanted to give it another day on the first page before I have to go copy and paste all of the content into new content blocks. If anyone has any ideas please share.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Joseph,

Could you send us some sort of screenshot or paste some HTML snippet from a content block that is rendered in IE but not in Firefox? It looks like an issue with Sitefinity itself and not with the migration tool, as the tool simply transfers the HTML content from 3.7 to 4.0. If you "view source" of your page in Firefox is the HTML code there but is simply invisible or it's not there at all?

There is an issue with the tool - it does not add view permissions for Everyone for the page controls, so unless you are currently logged in the backend you won't see the page controls in any browser.  I suppose when you were testing with IE you were logged in the backed but you were not logged in Firefox. That's why you had the impression that your content was rendered in IE but not in FireFox.

A proper fix for the view permissions for Everyone should be uploaded in the next few days.

Kind regards,
Lupi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed