Could not find the break inheritance button

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:45

Could not find the break inheritance button

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi
Where can I find the ‘break inheritance button’ to allow individual Pages permission settings ?
It is not clear in the documentation and I have been searching for a while without success.
Thank you
Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Vincent,

You can set permission for all pages and you can set individual permissions for each page.

If you want to change individual permissions for particular page

• Go to Pages Grid »  select a page for which you want to change permissions
  • Click the Actions link of the page
  • Select Permissions

In case you want to change permissions to all Pages:

•  Go to Administration Menu » Backend Pages
  • The structure of the backend opens  - expand Sitefinity group page > Select ‘Pages’ > Click the Actions link of the page
  • Select Permissions

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Sonya,

I have already done what you say, selecting a page, click Action.... The problem is that in the Permission settings page everything is grayed out and the only choice is to go back to Pages (see screen capture acctached).
Thank you

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Vincent,

Permission setting might be grayed out if logged user is not Administrator or has not rights to change page permissions.

Only users with role=Administrator or user who has set ‘Change page permissions’ are allowed to see ‘Break inheritance’ option.

Please make sure your user is admin or has set permissions for ‘Change page permissions’.

To check this
  • Go to Administration> Permissions
  • On Permissions page, click by Role or User
  • To view permissions of a role, click Roles.
  • To view permissions of a user, click Users.

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Sonya,
I have checked everything (see screen captures).
As the default admin user I have all permissions but selecting a page and going to Permissions, there is no way to change any setting for the given page.
Don't understand what is going wrong.
Thank you
Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have not been able to reproduce this problem with Sitefinity 4.0.992 and Sitefinity 4.0.1030 (RC2) using a trial license. If an administrator user is logged in the Break Inheritance button always shows. If the the current user has sufficient privileges to change page permissions the button is also seen. It seems that the problem is reproduced if a CE or SBE license is used. Can you please try reproducing this problem with either of above mentioned versions and trying with a trial license? We will fix the issue for the lower licenses.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed