StartingNodeOffset missing from 4.0 navigation controls?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:03

StartingNodeOffset missing from 4.0 navigation controls?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

In 3.7 I got really used to using the SitePanelbar for my left navigation on secondary pages.  I typically set StartingNodeOffset to 1 so that it only shows the pages in that section.

I can't seem to find that parameter in the advanced settings for any of the navigation options in 4.0 though.  So I either have to set a specific parent page to show the subpages of, or it shows all of the parent pages as well.

Is there a plan to add this parameter to the navigation control or do I need to make some sort of custom nav control instead?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Orion,

This is a property of SiteMapDataSource control. We will have to expose these properties in the control designer of the Navigation control. For the time being, I suggest you using a customized control that can fit your needs. You should be able to use the property from the code or expose to your custom designer, so it can be set from there. 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

I'm not really a programmer so I'm not sure how to develop this from scratch, and my developers are tied up with other projects so aren't available to me for this kind of thing right now. 

Do you happen to have an example of a navigation control that I could use as a model?  More specifically, an example of a vertically oriented nav that can have multiple levels and has the StartingNodeOffset property included?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Orion,

Unfortunately we do not have such example. I hope we will be able to provide such soon.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed