Master Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:06

Master Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Is there any way to run code or put user controls in the master pages that sitefinity uses for a template?  Does sitefinity just take the ContentPlaceHolders on the master page, create a template out of that and not use the actual master page file?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Damian,

Actually Sitefinity uses master pages for the layout, but you can try to run your code inline from your master page.

Kind regards,
Dancho
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

we're moving from 3.7 to 4.0 and in the direct translation of our master pages, it seems to do what damian described.  it doesn't use our css or other content located in the .master file, just the placeholders.  are we doing something wrong?  does it also ignore the x.master.vb file?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Eagerly awaiting the answer to this issue myself...

Does css, javascript, or code behind do ANYTHING when creating your own master pages and creating a template??

What is the correct procedure?  To create your own user controls and use them and the css/javascript widgets and place them IN the template that you created (via the master page)?

This is completely different than the 3.x days, so I think it is a pretty important concept to get some clarification on.

Hello guys,

The code behind, as well as any custom/user controls are not ignored, and should be executed just fine. This means, that not only the contentplace holders are taken into account, but any control or content on the masterpages.

Are you getting different result?

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I looked more into this, and code behind for master pages and any user controls on the master pages does get run normally.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

@Damian - Did you have to do anything special?  I am running Sitefinity 4.0.0.0 and it seems like the code behind files for my .master pages is being ignored.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Liz,

There should not be a problem with executing a code behind of a master page, but the better option is using a custom and user controls.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed