Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXXX"

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:14

Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXXX" cannot be resolved

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

I saw there was a similar thread about a widget where you directed the developer to remove the reference from the Toolbox.Config, but mine is a dynamic type and seems to be at the database level. I updated to version 4.0.1030.0, and now my app just throws the error

Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXXX" cannot be resolved

I tried deleting the row from sf_meta_types but there is a reference or references up the chain I am missing.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Joseph,

There should be a reference to the object for which you have created this meta type - pages , content etc.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Just had to delete all sf_meta_fields where type_id =  matched my type I was deleting. Duh moment.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Sometimes its happens when you delete a custom field, the solution is to make sure first that no records assigned to this type before deleting this column.

I just faced this error and wasn't solved until I deleted the records first then went  again to the data type and deleted this field 
(Ecommerce)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello,

Thank you all for sharing your solutions with the community!

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed