Upgrade website Sitefinity 3.7 To Sitefinity 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:25

Upgrade website Sitefinity 3.7 To Sitefinity 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi ,
I have created website in sitefinity 3.7 with some external ControlTemplates. Recently I downloaded Sitefinity 4.0 from telerik site. I found, sitefinity 4.0 has totally different structure for .Net as well as for Database.
How Can I Merger website built-in sitefinity 3.7 to Sitefinity 4.0.
Thanks in Advance :)

Hello Kristian,

There is an open-source Migration tool on codeplex that you can use to migrate the content of your database. Note that this is an alpha version and it has its limitations. To find out more about the migration tool please find the Josh Morales' blog post on Sitefinity 4 RC Migration tool.

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to receiving your highly appreciated feedback!

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Hristo,

Thanks for your fast response. and also thanks for this migrations tool this really help me lot to integrate data.
But I have one more issue, that is How can I Extend or add additional MetaFields in  existing modules (News, Events) to Insert and Edit Items in sitefinity 4.0.
I will be thankful if you can provide me any sample project or Sample video.
Thanks in Advance :)

Hello Kristian,

Yesterday we have a release of RC 2 where we added support for adding dynamic fields from the UI.

Custom Fields

• Ability to create custom fields for all content items
  • Ability to hide/show default custom fields in different views

We have some documentation about the custom fields that you can find here.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Ivan ,

• Ability to create custom fields for all content items
  • Ability to hide/show default custom fields in different views
Both the features working fine.
but how can we add custom UserControl as Custom Field for all content items.
(eg. UserControl.ascx has dropdownlist with CountryName list. now this control i need to put on News module's Insert/Edit template)
Thanks In Advance :)

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Kristian,

Currently you can add only a custom control ( there are issues when you use a user control). You need to create a custom control that inherits from CompositeFieldControl or completely custom control that implements IField interface.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Can you please provide me dummy code / video. so i can understand it well. :)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Here is a sample code

using System;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields;

namespace Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples
    class CompositeFieldControlCustom : CompositeFieldControl

protected override System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl TitleControl

get throw new NotImplementedException();

protected override System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl DescriptionControl

protected override System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl ExampleControl

protected override void InitializeControls(Web.UI.GenericContainer container)

throw new NotImplementedException();

protected override string LayoutTemplateName

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed