Upgrade RC to RC2

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:58

Upgrade RC to RC2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

Was wondering if there are any helpful tips on best way to upgrade 4.0 RC to 4.0 RC2?
Which files folders to copy and which ones not to?

thanks
Rehan

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Rehan Butt,

The upgrades are handled automatically, just replace the new project manager (Sitefinity.exe) with the older one, open it and press the Upgrade button. Next time your application runs, the upgrade will automatically take place and modify the database schema as well as the necessary files so that your system is up to date.

For more information please visit our Installation and Administration guide.

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to receiving your highly appreciated feedback.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2010 00:00

Will it not cause problems?

I'm quire weary because the last time, we tried upgrading BETA2 to RC and it caused quite alot of problems that we just decided to recreate the project.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Rehan Butt,

We are extensively testing the upgrade process and we are always supporting upgrades from official versions and from the latest internal release that we make available to you each week. You can safely copy your project and test it just to see whether there are any issues with it. We are treating such issues as bugs with severe importance.

Please let me know whether you have experienced any problems with the upgrade from RC to RC2.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Where can I find specific instructions on upgrading from one version of RC to another? In my project manager, the Upgrade button is disabled. Do I need to download and install the 500 MB msi file and install that again?

Hello Rehan Butt,

You can download only the RC2 project manager. This is a standalone .exe file with which you can replace the installed one. Then when you open it you will be able to upgrade projects created with older versions.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Upgrading a site in this manner, however, does not replace any of the DLLs in the Program Files / Telerik / Sitefinity 4.0 / Libraries folder. 

Hello Lorne,

Yes this upgrade will only replace the binaries in the bin folder of the website. If you wish to replace the assemblies from Libraries you will have to download the latest installation and run the installer.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed