Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:04

Custom Fields

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

I noticed the following in the release notes for RC2:

Custom Fields

• Ability to create custom fields for all content items
  • Ability to hide/show default custom fields in different views

My question is how? Is there any documentation for this yet? Or can you just point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hello Kalvin,

We should have documentation for all those feature for our official release on January 14th. Everything is currently being written. To enable custom fields you have to perform the following steps:

1. Go to News for example and create a single news item
2. Go back to the list of all news items
3. On the right panel you should see the Settings section that should have button for "Custom Fields in News" from there you can create your own custom fields and decide on which views you want to associate them. Note that we have a known issue for associating custom fields to specific views that is also part of the release notes.

Thank you for contacting us, and we look forward to receiving your highly valuable feedback for our RC2 release.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Is there any guidance on creating a custom control for editing the custom field through the Sitefinity administrative back-end?  Playing around I found that the class representing the custom editor needs to implement Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.Contracts.IFields, but then an "Index was outside the bounds of the array." error is shown when I try to save my customizations within the "xx data fields".  (In my case I'm trying to add custom fields to Blog Posts).

I'm liking this. I have no idea how I'm going to use it yet, but I'm liking it.

Thanks for the info.

This thread is closed