Educational/Non-profit Discount

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:43

Educational/Non-profit Discount

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

There has been a huge amount of discussion about Sitefinity 4.0 pricing, so this post is not to rehash what has already been said multiple times. I respect Telerik's business decisions and I have been very impressed with the willingness of the CEO to be out on these forums. It takes both courage and integrity to interact with your client base in situations like this.

My point to add is about the level of discount for educational groups and non-profits. When I purchased 3.7 in November for an educational institution the discount was 10%. In my mind that's really a token discount and Telerik could offer deeper discounts for educational and non-profit groups. Requiring that it be done on an institutional purchase order is one way to keep things above board.

I appreciate the quality of all Telerik's products and the superb features in Sitefinity 4.0 and look forward to implementing 4.0 on several sites.

Rick

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Rick Curtis,

Thank you for the nice words and feedback!

We will continue to offer a 10% discount to educational institutions provided that they purchase Sitefinity 4 directly from Telerik. Please, note that his is a percentage discount and its monetary value is different for each Sitefinity 4 edition. If a 10% educational discount for Sitefinity 3.7 amounted to $89.90, the discount has a much higher amount for the Enterprise Edition - $1999.90. Therefore, in monetary units the educational discount for Sitefinity 4 is much higher than the same discount for Sitefinity 3.7.

We don't have plans to increase the 10% educational discount at this point. We will make sure to inform our community well in advance for any changes to this discount.

Thank you for expressing your opinion! We wish you a Happy New Year!!! Check out our Happy Holidays 2010 video here>>

Best wishes,
Anton
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed