Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI,

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:45

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI,

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi, I've loaded the 4.0 RC, and created a project. Whn I open the site in vs2010 the installer asked if I wanted to load and upgrade the radcontrols I'm licenced for. I did and now the entire framework fails with the following message. Any idea how to resolve it? I understand that somthing is now mismatched.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.3.1109.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.3.1109.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2010 00:00

An Update,
if you create a new site, it's created with the trial version of the dll, not the installed registered version. The trial version seems to want to see the trial version of telerik.web.ui as well.
-geoff

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for using our services.

The Sitefinity isntaller and project manager come with their own version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll. The version which was used to build the system. We try to upgrade the controls in the CMS frequently, but sometimes they are not the latest controls released.

The problem you are experiencing is because almost the whole UI of Sitefinity is built using RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax. This means that the Sitefinity assemblies reference the particular version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll which is in the bin of the Stiefinity website. When you have upgraded the controls from the VS dialog you have substituted the assembly with a newer one. To fix the problem you must either revert the assembly to in the bin folder or use a binding redirect.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed