Custom Lists/Tables?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:55

Custom Lists/Tables?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

I am new in Sitefinity, so please forgive if my question is childish.
I was looking deeply into documentation and samples provided in Sitefinity 4.0. I have following queries:

- How can I make custom lists/tables/libraries of mine where I could store data using my widgets? (I guess it has to do with custom module). I yes, then how define fields in that particular list/table/library?
- Will I need to design a backend interface (widget) and as well as for front end users CRUD operations? Or fields could be auto generated? (As far as I have seen, we need to make both for a module)

Answer to these would be great for me and for other newbies out there.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi saadi,

Since RC2 modules like News, Events, Content, Images, Documents support adding custom fields through the UI and Browse and Edit option over pages.

CRUD can be executed only by authenticated users with CRUD rights. We do not have a public controls that allow you to make CRUD operations for items uploaded to Images or Documents and Files modules.
You will need a custom control to perform these actions.

We are going to ship a sample module with the official release where you will be able to see how to create custom view, custom dynamic fields, public controls and custom types that you can use.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed