Create page with external link

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:58

Create page with external link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I need to have a link in my menu to an external page, but when i create a page it doesn't alow me to specifiy it.

Is that possible to do?
If not, it would be a must to have.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Paulo,

You can add a node/menu item directly to the Navigation control. Using external pages feature is in process of implementation.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Unfortunately, the Add button on the "From other sites" tab does not work (i.e. nothing happens and the page/external link is not added) in the official 4.0 release. So, apparently there is no current way to add a link to an external site/page in the menu, which really stinks. As I have said before, version 4 is NOT ready.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Michael,

Could you try to replicate the issue on our sandbox?

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

I haven't tried in the sandbox yet, but I have tried it on my laptop and our hosted production server with both IE and FF, and the "Add" button still doesn't work, but I did notice the JavaScript error this time (below).

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:12:10 UTC

Line: 3988
Char: 35
Code: 0
URI: localhost:24767/.../Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd

Also, I'm not sure what version your sandbox is running on, but my sites are running on the 1/14 release (4.0.1098.0).

Hello Michael,

I managed to replicate the issue and logged a bug with ID 107465. We will try to fix the issue ASAP.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Is there an update on this?

I tried to find the logged issue ID 107465 but couldn't.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Kevin,

The ID seems to be wrong. I verify the behavior of the NavigationControl in our internal builds with IE 8 and FF 3.6 and it is working now, so the issue is fixed. The fix will be included in the forthcoming SP1.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

UN-FLIPPING-BELIEVABLE!!! I just upgraded to 4.1, and the exact same bug was reintroduced. The Add button is disabled, and now I can't add menu items to external site pages again. Aaarrrggghhh!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

Please excuse us for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Indeed the bug was reintroduced with Sitefinity 4.1 but had been fixed. You can check the bug description and status in PITS.  The fix is included in the latest internal build we released on Monday 2nd of May and will also be included with the Service pack we'll be releasing most likely by the end of the upcoming week.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed