Comprehensive list of known bugs with each release?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:53

Comprehensive list of known bugs with each release?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi There,

As I continue to attempt to work on a site using the RC and now RC2 I'm finding myself spending a lot of time trouble shooting bugs (trying to determine if it's a bug or I'm doing something the SF3.x way and there's now a SF 4.x way) only to find out later that not only is it a bug, but it's a known bug. I'm seeing more and more bugs logged every day in the bug forum, Telerik team members are even providing bug ID#s when logging them. So since they're being logged it would be really really helpful when you post a new release if you could give us the complete list of open bugs so that we don't waste our valuable time trying to trouble shoot a known issue that is scheduled to be resolved. It would be even nicer to know what priority you've assigned it so we have a rough idea if we have to create a work around or if we can afford to just wait.

10 days left, can't wait to see that bug list down to a big fat zero!

Regards,
Phill

Dear Phill

I sometimes even spend time looking for stutt that has not even been implemented, like shared generic content.

It would also be nice to have a list of features that are planned for Q1 and for Q2. Kind of a road map.

Markus

---------------------

PS: January 14th there won't be any bugs left, they still have 10 days to work on the RC 2

and  a day has 24 hours
if this is not enough, Telerik can work at night as well
if this is not enough, Telerik can still work overtime

So sit back and wait 10 days and get a bug free 4.0 with lots of potential in 2011.

-

Hi Phill,

We will start releasing more comprehensive lists with known issues starting with the next release.
Things have been rather hectic so far due to the high volume of issues and the high speed of
processing them. Known issues lists were becoming outdated very soon and that made publishing them useless.

All problems reported by the community are logged and we treat them with high priority.
We are sorry for losing  your valuable time on that and appreciate highly your feedback!

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

So there is no place where we can see a list of known bugs in one location?

I'm sorry, but this quote: "Known issues lists were becoming outdated very soon and that made publishing them useless." is really hard to understand. Have a page with known bugs, as they change, update the page. Very simple!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,

Not sure if you guys have seen the roadmap. We will have the same for Q2 soon. On another hand, we will solve this best if we have public issue tracking system. We are working on that as well.

Phil, we will try to provide more details with the official releases.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed