Adding custom control to Images

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:20

Adding custom control to Images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add custom field to Images but what ever this documentation of sitefinity 4.0 at www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-a-new-custom-field.aspx says about in step 2, I am not able to find that. I don't see any link saying Custom Fields for images. I am using sitefinity version 4.0.1030.0. Is there some other way to add custom fields in this version.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Mohit

Hi Mohit,

The Custom Fields link should appear if you use build 4.0.1030 which is RC2.
Could you verify that you use the RC2 build from Sitefinity >> Administration >> VersionAndLicensing

Have you upgraded the project or it is a new installation?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Sitefinity>>Administration>>VersionAndLicensing still shows product version Product version:4.0.0.0. I have upgraded my sitefinity from 4.0 beta to 4.0 RC and now i upgraded it a day back from 4.0RC to 4.0RC2.
my project manager shows version 4.0.1030.0.
what do I need to actually upgrade it.

Thanks,
Mohit

Hi Mohit,

Can you tell me the build version you see under Sitefinity >> Administration >> VersionAndLicensing

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I am sorry for last time I told you the product version not the build version.Yes Build version under Sitefinity>>Administration>>Version and Licensing is correct 4.0.1030.0 same as in my project manager.

Thanks,
Mohit

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Mohit,

Ok, you are running RC2. Could you check the following

1. Does the issue persists only for Images . Can you see the link for News?
2. Can you try the following
- open App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration
- rename LibrariesConfig.config to something ( say LibrariesConfigMaster.config)
- restart the application by making a dummy change in the web.config, the default configuration file will be generated.
- check whether the Custom fields link is available.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan, Thanks for your reply.
This problem was with all the content types not only Images.I guess it was something related to web.config file because I got web.config regenerated and everything is right there now.

Thanks,
Mohit

This thread is closed