WebApp Expert

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:18

WebApp Expert

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

I have an ascx control in my Sitefinity Project, but intellisense isn't showing me the <telerik: controls

I have this definition at the top of the control

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Temp.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Temp.Temp" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>

And this in the web.config
<pages>
  <controls>
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />
    <add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" />
  </controls>
</pages>

How do I get intellisense up and working?

Hi Steve,

Is this embedded resource, because there is no intellisense when you embed the template?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

It's just a plain ascx usercontrol in the SF project...build type is set to Content

With 3.x I used to just create the ascx in the website so I got intellisense, then paste the results over into my embedded template.

**Edit**

I should say I get intellisense, but not for anything in the telerik or sitefinity assemblies

Hello Steve,

I tried to reproduce the issue with no avail. Please check the attached short video prepared for your convenience.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Oh yeah no I dont think it's a problem with sitefinity, just wondering if someone had any ideas as to what the problem might be...

See here

Did you add the Rad Controls to the designer toolbox in Visual Studio?

Nope...I always add things to the markup by hand...(but I thought the installer always adds them anyway)

But wierdly enough after I opened the toolbox to look (and closed it), it works now!?

So...problem oddly solved...I guess :)

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I always have the latest RadControls installed but the webapp is using what's in the bin folder?

Can it be bound to use a version and I get my intellisense back?

This thread is closed