Sitefinity Starter Kits

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:01

Sitefinity Starter Kits

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

When can we expect Sitefinity Starter Kits? We are working on a project for GiveCamp on 14th January 2011 and a lot of these features are requested by my charity. It would be nice if we can get access to those templates before 14th Jan. This will help us make a decision whether to go for Sitefinity 3.7 or 4.0.

As things stand now, Sitefinity 4.0 has nothing much to offer compared to 3.7 version.

No Documentation ( which is frustrating ). How can we evaluate a product without documentation.
No information on building complex modules.
No Newsletter Module ( which is required by most companies )
Slow compared to 3.7 version ( which is surprising. New version should be better than the previous version )

I am sure all of these issues will be addressed in future releases, but as of now, I really need a very good reason to choose 4.0 over 3.7, which looks more robust and polished.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Larry,

We are almost done with the Starter Kits. Gabe will follow-up over email and send you what we have so far.

We are working to address all points identified in your post below and we will have progress in the official release coming the next week.

All the best,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Kalina,

That would be really helpful. 

Can you send it to my email larrym@live.com

Looking forward for those templates.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

With Sitefinity 4.1 coming out today or tomorrow, can we expect the Starter Kits to be upgraded or will they be the same?

Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

The starter kits will be upgraded to the official version in the upcoming weeks. We need time to reflect the change of the API in the latest bits of the product, and test everything. We usually use the starter kits as part of the upgrade testing and process, but we still have to perform official upgrade once everything is finalized.

There will be no additional functionality delivered with the next version of the starter kits as our focus in terms of developer productivity is the new Software Development Kit that is going to be released next week.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hristo,

I am trying to download the charity starter kit but can not find it. where can i download it from?

thanks,
andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

The Charity and Education starter kits are included in our latest release of Sitefinity SDK 4.1 that you can download from here. You can further read about the latest things included in the SDK in my blog post here.

Thank you for contacting us.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Hristo,

do you know when Intranet/Corporate Starter Kit available ?

Thanks,
JH

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hi JH,

We plan to deliver the intranet with our SP2 release that is scheduled for June. Unfortunately I cannot give you an exact timeframe for the Corporate starter kit as we have been outlining a lot of custom functionality in it, and it is still in development.

Thank you for contacting us and please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed