Set as homepage

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:57

Set as homepage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I want to prevent access to the set as homepage button, as some of my webmasters usually do not use it properly.

Is there a way to

1. Remove a page as a homepage without setting another one as homepage, as my homepage is a static HTML page, which then has links to go into teh sitefinity websites.
2. Disable the Set a homepage button.

Thanks for your help,
Zyad

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Zyad,

1. Remove a page as a homepage without setting another one as homepage, as my homepage is a static HTML page, which then has links to go into teh sitefinity websites.

You can do this from /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/PagesConfig.config. When you set a page there is a configuration property - "homePageId" which you can remove.

2. Disable the Set a homepage button.

This is not supported, because the "button" you see is a CommandWidgetElement which is defined in PagesDefinitions which cannot be extended.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

<quote>You can do this from /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/PagesConfig.config. When you set a page there is a configuration property - "homePageId" which you can remove.</quote>

In SF v3.7 I don't have a siteroot/App_Data/Sitefinity directory.  Is this a v4.0 item?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Jason,

Yes this applies for Sitefinity 4.0. The thread is marked for 4.0 version

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

If you set the properties of PagesConfig.config at file level to "read only" it prevents this from being changed by site editors to a different page - not a clean solution but it works

This thread is closed