Document link

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:06

Document link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,

Is there any way to control the URL that's used to embed links to documents?  I know you can change the very last part of the URL that identifies the document, but what about the rest of the path?  This is what we're getting when we generate the embedded link:

wwww.domain.org/.../Document-name.pdf

We need to not show the original upload date in the URL.  This will eventually make the document appear to be outdated even if it's updated every year.  Of course we'll update the publish date that's displayed within our website, but I for one do not typically click on links in search results that appear to be very outdated.

This also means that the link will change between our dev environment and our test environment and our production environment.  If I upload it today in dev, the link says 2011/01/05.  When we eventually migrate it to production it will have a different date in the URL, which means our links in this and other sites are now obsolete.  We will need different code for each environment.  Not practical at all.

Also, what's the Status=Master for and is it entirely necessary?

I would prefer to use a link much like this:
wwww.domain.org/.../Document-name.pdf
Is this possible?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Matt,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Libraries -> Providers -> OpenAccessDataProvider -> Parameters and add a parameter with the name urlFormat. For value please use /[UrlName]. Then save changes and restart the website and edit a content item to see how the url will be re-generated.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed