GenericContent.Model.Content is described as compiled and ar

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:40

GenericContent.Model.Content is described as compiled and artificial

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Everything had been going great in SF 4.0 build 992 until this afternoon.  Another developer and I (we have our own .cs files etc but use the same MS SQL database) were working on two different tasks and all of a sudden we got the following error:

Field 'Title_' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' is described as compiled and artificial at the same time. --> Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.992.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563/namespace[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model]/class[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content]/field[Title_]
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.MetadataException: Field 'Title_' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' is described as compiled and artificial at the same time. --> Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.992.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563/namespace[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model]/class[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content]/field[Title_]

I was working on changing the namespace name of a custom control that I had created.  The problem was that the widget in the edit-a-page screen was throwing a HttpUnhandledError exception; but when I would click Edit, the control designer that I had created opened up fine.  So I was looking for issues in the .ascx and .cs files for the edit-a-page part of the control. 

My old namespace name was lbWidgets and the new namespace name was LessonBulider.Widgets.  I noticed that the dll in the website was "Widgets.dll" so I decided to edit the .ascx file by removing "LessonBuilder." from the AssemblyInfo attribute of the ResourceFile element. I changed this:
<sitefinity:ResourceFile AssemblyInfo="LessonBuilder.Widgets.GenericContent, LessonBuilder.Widgets"Name="LessonBuilder.Widgets.GenericContent.GenericContent.js"         />
to this
<sitefinity:ResourceFile AssemblyInfo="LessonBuilder.Widgets.GenericContent, Widgets"   Name="LessonBuilder.Widgets.GenericContent.GenericContent.js"         />
From then on, no matter what page of the website I try to open, I get the error show above.

Right about the same time the other developer started getting the same errors.  We have separate code files (.cs files etc.) but use the same database.  Here is her description of what she did:

"I first attempted to do a manual merge of the files that changed in Sitefinity 4.0 from build 4.0.992.0 to 4.0.1030.0 (high-tech WinDiff approach).  After I found numerous problems after this change, I noticed that the project manager has an update tool… so I rolled everything back.

Next, I attempted to run the update tool from the Sitefinity Project manager.  This introduced numerous build errors in our custom code…. So I stopped, rolled everything back again, and decided to run the update in an isolated branch of source.  Little did I know that the SDF Project Manager Upgrade seems to run schema or other database updates.

I suspect that our code is out of sync with the database. "

Please advise us on how to get SF up and running again.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Phil,

The Upgrade button in Sitefinity Project Manager replaces updated Sitefinity files (assemblies, svc files, etc) in your site. If you have custom code you should fix code references to assemblies to make sure that they point to the the latest ones and rebuild your custom code.

It seems that with the upgrade your database did not upgrade properly. You can try to force a database upgrade manually. To do so fist make sure that the account with which you connect to the SQL server has sufficient permissions to change the database schema. Then open up the database and open sf_bootstrap_info table in the database and set the value of bootstrap_version column to 1. Then restart the application.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks for the info.  We are noting that.

We started over from scratch and have 1030 up and running.

This thread is closed