Wierd random problem with the bin folder losing assemblies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:31

Wierd random problem with the bin folder losing assemblies

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

This happened 4 times, and it seems to be some combination of building the solution or projects two fast (sitefinity project, and a server control project which has references linked tot he SF folder)

So after a build I start getting missing reference errors, check the SF bin folder, and there's only like 6 of the 40+ left in there...NO idea why they'd be missing...it's a quick copy back from the empty project install bin folder, but has anyone ever had this happen at all?

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

This is caused by VS when you choose to Rebuild Solution. The problem I think is because the reference assemblies are located in the bin folder. Rebuild first cleans the bin folder and then builds the project. If you use only Build it should be fine. When you install Sitefinity there is a Libraries folder in the install path from which you can take the assemblies.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2011 00:00

Is there ANY way around that?  I accidentally click Rebuild ALL the time :)

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately there is not a workaround to this issue that we could suggest. If this happens, just copy the dlls from another project with the same version and add them to the bin folder. This will fix the issue immediately.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed