Issue with Tree view of navigation control

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:22

Issue with Tree view of navigation control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello, when adding in the navigation control to a website and selecting tree with sub levels, I can't get the expand/collapse function to work at all. The intended goal of the menu is to show the first level with other levels collapsed until and option is selected, after that occurs than only the menu options below it should appear. Any ideas how to get around this?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Milan,

Could you please check if ‘Allow collapsing’ option is selected?

To do this:

• Go to Navigation Control
  • Click ‘Edit’ > Under ‘Levels to include:’ section > ‘Allow collapsing ’ check box

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2011 00:00

hello, have already made sure that was selected, also tried a variety of combos just to even get collapsing to work at all, nothing changed. what i get is either all collapsed or all expanded, with no option to show links under a collapsed section.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Milan,

Could you also check  the following properties:

• Go to Navigation Control
  • Click ‘Edit’ > click 'Advanced' button
            Enabled should be true
            AllowCollapsing should be true
            ShowExpanded should be true
            LevelsToExpand – this property shows levels expanded initially. By default is 0 - for all levels

Let me know if I missed something. Could you please send me the steps you follow?
I also attached a small movie.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi, I have followed the suggested steps, tried everything in the video, and still cant get the menu to expand or collapse on click, or to simply only show me the sub pages in the section im currently in.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Milan,

We could not replicate this issue with the RC2. The problem could be if there are any javascript errors thrown which will break the client side methods that are called by RadTreeView control. Could you try to put the NavigationControl on a single page without other controls on it and observe the browser console for some javascript error that are thrown during page load or when you click on a node?

If possible give us a live link to the website.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Sonya/Ivan

We are having the same issue as well.  Here are the particulars of my setup:

I have a  Template titled "Interior"
I have a  Template titled "Interior-Programs" which is based off of Interior.  Interior-Programs has a Navigation control in the left Column set the following way:
      X Tree (vertical with sub-levels)
      X All pages under particular page
               Programs (selected page)
      X All Existing Levels

0 Show all levels expanded initially (not checked)
      X Allow collapsing

With these settings, when I click the Advanced Option, the initial settings are checked:

AllowCollapsing is true
Enabled is true
LevelsToExpand – is 1
ShowExpanded is true

Problems encountered with your instructions: 

If I change LevelsToExpand to 0 and immediately switch back to "Simple"  Show all levels expanded initially is now checked.

If I uncheck Show all levels expanded initially and switch back to "Advanced" LevelsToExpand is now set back to 1.

Here are the issues apparent with the setup

Page structure:  programs/summer-camping/camp-tommy

Here is the parent Programs Page:
http://freshairorg.web710.discountasp.net/programs
Child link for Summer Camping (Camp Tommy) is set to display: none;  (which is correct)

Here is the Summer Camping Page:
http://freshairorg.web710.discountasp.net/programs/summer-camping
Child link for Summer Camping (Camp Tommy) is set to display: none;  (which is incorrect)

Here is the Camp Tommy Page:
http://freshairorg.web710.discountasp.net/programs/summer-camping/camp-tommy
Child link for Summer Camping (Camp Tommy) is set to display: none;  (which is incorrect)

Dan Finney
317-816-9353 x1
www.BoxCrush.com

Sitefinity Web Design | Marketing | Branding

BoxCrush®
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No Borders. No Boundaries.
No Boxes.

Sitefinity Service Partner

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

We sent a reply to your support request. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed