Issue with load times of images stored in theme folder

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:03

Issue with load times of images stored in theme folder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi There,

Today I uploaded my site to a dev server to do some testing that wasn't running locally. The first thing I noticed was the slow load times for images that are referenced by my style sheets in the App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\JDNATemplate\App_Themes\MyTheme\images folder. Since the App_Data folder is a special folder and images in here have to be served up using the Sitefinity Handler, is it possible that these files don't get cached? Or are there known performance issues with the handler? By editing my css to load images from an image folder on the root of the site the load times for images was reduced by 50%. I need to do a bit more testing but this is certainly concerning... any thoughts or insights into what might be going on would be appreciated.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Phill,

Please, check this link where I answered similar questions.

Kind regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed