Lost Content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:00

Lost Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I created 2 pages (P1) & (P2) and referred then to the custom template (T1) that I created. Later on I created another Template (T2) and then changed the reference of P1 to point to Template T2. I lost all the content of P1. Is there any way to avoid loosing the content when you change page reference from one template to another template. Thanks.

Hi Vinod,

This could happen if the ContentPlaceHolder Ids of the templates are different. When the ContentPlaceHolder Ids are the same you should see the controls you have already dripped.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thank you for your reply. Could you please elaborate on - ContentPlaceHolder Ids - and where to look for it. Thanks

Hi Vinod,

Do you have a .master file or you used the template builder?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have used the template builder. Thanks.

Hello Vinod,

I had similar discussion here. Please check it out.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed