Find forum posts

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:38

Find forum posts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I need to list the forum replies with respect to their parent Posts not by parent Thread...
but how ?

Hello Rakesh,

In Sitefinity 4.0 we do not have forums module. Which version of Sitefinity you use?
In 3.x the post replies have only one parent and this is the the thread/first post. All posts are shown by Repeater control in DESC order inside SingleThread.ascx template.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hai Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.I am using Sitefinity 3.7.Here all the replies are listed on the basis of root thread .Each reply as a single unit with parent post.My question is, is their any way to list the replies on the basis of their parent  reply ?

am I confusing you....I dont know how to explain it ..

Hello Rakesh,

There is no implementation to do this. The IPost object does not have a property which you can use to get the parent sub post . I cannot come up with an elegant solution. You can use ForumManager.GetPosts(this.selectedThreadID, false, true); then sort the list with LINQ by DateCreated and you can get an item from the list, so DateCreated will be your identifier.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed