asp image control in the masterpage?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:10

asp image control in the masterpage?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

<asp:Image ID="ocfplogo" runat="server" CssClass="logoimage" ImageUrl="~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/ocfp/App_Themes/OCFP/Images/header.png" EnableViewState="false" ClientIDMode="Static" />

Nothing shows up in the masterpage, firebug just shows a loading icon...

I get this if I try and load directly

The request filtering module is configured to deny a path in the URL that contains a hiddenSegment section.

What would I be doing wrong here...just trying to use the new way to Theme...

**EDIT**

Nm, found the article

Hey Steve,

I think I might be the only one to have complained about this so far, but the fact that Telerik decided to use App_Data to store things like css, images, templates is a massive pain in the ass and this issue is just one of those pains. If you want to display an image using standard methods you need to move your images outside the App_Data folder. I think the only other way to do it is to use Sitefinity Handlers in order to get access to items in that folder. As far a I'm concerned using App_Data for assets is a huge list of drawbacks and not a single benefit.

I've now actually moved all images to /images/ folder at the root and in my css files I just reference them as url('/images/....')  I can't prove it as I haven't done enough testing but I think there's also a performance hit by having SItefinity process and server up images from the App_Data folder vs. just having them in the root of the site and not touched by a handler.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Phill

This thread is closed