Image Control Option Feature Request

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:49

Image Control Option Feature Request

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

In the image control can you give us the ability to position the image in the container?...or does this exist somewhere.

I had a user drop an image they wanted right-aligned into a layout, and they just got so frustrated trying to position it (so css works, but they dont know css)

Back in the 3.7 days you would use a generic content and add the image there. Then you could set the alignment to get the text flow around an image for example.

Would this not maybe be the way to go on 4.0.

Markus

Yeah I know, but I'm trying to move away from the 3.x way of doing things, I want to keep my text in a GC block, and my images in an image control :)

It would also be nice to have a textbox to set alt-text so users entering content don;t have to toggle advanced, although I dont see it exposed there either...

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Check out this forum thread: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/suggestions-for-consistent-layout-from-frontend-to-backend.aspx . Stacey is trying to achieve the same layout.

Let us know if you need further help.

Greetings,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

What I'm trying to avoid is having my users decorate controls with css classes...it's a confusing concept for them.  However if the designer had that as an option (to align) then they wouldn't need to worry and I guess it would just decorate the control with an inline style attribute?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Your request has been logged (ID 105461).

For the time being, you have two options to achieve the expected layout:

1. Add the image through Rad Editor and use its "Image Alignment" functionality like Markus has suggested.

2. Create a custom layout widget with the needed CSS classes (like suggest in the other forum thread: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/suggestions-for-consistent-layout-from-frontend-to-backend.aspx). Editors will drag the layout widget first and then Content block and Image widgets in the corresponding placeholders.

All the best,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed