Insert modules on Masterpage

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:28

Insert modules on Masterpage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello!

I need to customize a masterpage but do not have the ID's of the modules, for example, want to put a "search" at the top of the masterpage, but this need to fill outyour ID. Researched some template that uses all the modules in their own masterpagebut not found.

Can anyone help me?

Hello renato,

Could you attach a screenshot of the search you wan to put? From your description it is not clear which control you want to use and where you want to put it. The ID here does not matter.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello!

I sent a print for example. Actually I need to know how to put certain "Module / ID" in theMasterPage. And this "Module / ID"can be a "Search" or "Pool" ........ Site Finity amodule inside the MasterPage.

Do not know if it's simple, think before you insert the "Module / ID " I declare the "ID" inany XML, not sure but I'm trying to find out how.

<asp:contentplaceholder id="TopMenu" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>            
<asp:contentplaceholder id="PageTitle" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>          
<asp:contentplaceholder id="Content" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
<asp:contentplaceholder id="SideBarContent" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
<asp:contentplaceholder id="contactContent" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>

Thanks!

Hi renato,

You cannot put a module on a page you can put a control on  a page. In your screenshot the last control is HTML control. This is not a server control and it does not have ID. You can make it a server control with adding runat and adding ID to it.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

That's right! is "control" what I mean. I wonder where these controls to create after I put in the MasterPage, you could give me an example of creating a control to the "Search " for example, has helped me a lot.

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Hi renato,

You can declare the SearchBox inside your master page

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Search" Namespace="Telerik.Search.WebControls" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:SearchBox runat="server" ID="SearchBox"></sf:SearchBox>

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

OK!

Yes! got it!

Thanks...

This thread is closed