ProfileManager Avatars

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:32

ProfileManager Avatars

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

ProfileManager is already set up for giving users the ability to have Avatars. My issue though - how do the Sitefinity 4 users add an avatar? There is no longer a field in the admin for it. The position field has also been stripped (not as big of a deal as the avatar). Is it in there somewhere and I just can't see it?

Hello Conrad ,

Custom fields for profiles will be implemented Q1-Q2. Currently it is not possible to set them from the UI. It could be done only programmatically.

var prof = profileManager.GetProfiles().Where(p => p.User.UserName == "newUser1").SingleOrDefault();
var getField = prof.GetValue("somefield");
prof.SetValue("someField", "someValue");
profileManager.SaveChanges();

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

I don't think its really an issue of custom fields. Avatar is already a property of the Profile class. And when you click on "profile" at the top right of sitefinity, you will see that a blank avatar gets loaded in. There just isn't a way to switch it out. Could you please direct me to how I would customize the admin to add this feature into Sitefinity 4? I think this was an oversight in development.. you should never strip away pre-existing features in newer versions.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Conrad,

The truth about the profiles is that they are not fully implemented. We have this task in progress and we will deliver this feature with the Q1 release. The profiles will be much more flexible than when Asp.Net provides

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed