Upgrade to Sitefinity 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:50

Upgrade to Sitefinity 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

I've downloaded Sitefinity 4.0 RC. Currenly my sitefinity project is in 3.7 and I want to the upgrade it to 4.0 version. I noticed the "Upgrade" button in Project Manager is disabled. Can you tell me how do I enable it?

Thanks,
~Pik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Pik,

To upgrade 3.7 SP3 or SP4 website to 4.0 you have to use the migration tool

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply. I've upgraded the sitefinity from RC2 to the official release. I used the "Migration Tools" to convert my project from 3.7 version to 4.0. After follow the instruction in codeplex.com (http://sitefinitymigration.codeplex.com/documentation), I don't see the "Migration" menu on the top of the page. Any idea why?

Thanks,
Pik

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Pik ,

As mentioned  in the installation instructions and in the release notes for the latest 0.5 version of the tool- http://sitefinitymigration.codeplex.com/releases/view/58985 - the link was moved in the Content drop down menu in the administration.

Kind regards,
Lupi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks. I am able to find it.

I am having problem to migrate Pages and Users. It does not migrate all the pages I have in Sitefinity 3.7. When
I tried to migrate users, I received following message. No users account gets migrated.

Importing ### user(s)...
Service timed out
Performing post migration actions.

Any idea why?

Thanks,
Pik

Hi Pik,

How many users you have? It is possible that they are too many to be handled at once, because we call GetAllUsers inside MigrationExportUsers.cs

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I have about 2500 users. Is that another way to migrate users to sitefinity 4?

Thanks,
Pik

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Pik Lee,

I don't think 2500 users will be a problem. I will try to reproduce the issue and will try to upload some fix in the next few days.

Regards,
Lupi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Followed the instructions and there's no migration menu item under content.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  I am certain I added the "migration" module under application module.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a major client using version 3.6 wanting to upgrade to 4.1. Is it possible?

If so, how do I?

If not, what do you recommend?

Thanks alot in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hello sam,

You should upgrade to Sitefintiy 3.7 SP4 and the using the migration tool you should be able to move your data to Sitefinity 4.x

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed