Using WCF Web Service as data provider for SF 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:17

Using WCF Web Service as data provider for SF 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

We are going to be using Sitefinity 4.0 outside of our firewall in the DMZ and need the ability to call a WCF service to get all data for Sitefinity. So in essence, all data retrieval and saving would go through a WCF service, no database whatosever in the DMZ.

Do you have a good example doing this or could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
TS

Hi TS,

To use the services you should be authenticated.

1. You can access the service with javascript by using Sys.Net.WebRequest()
2. Using server side code  and making HttpWebRequest

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan ,
Thanks for the info.

So using the information you provided I can put the entire Sitefinity Database behind a webservice? Also am I able to hit a second database to get values to be used on other modules and cuistom controls in Sitefinity?

Thanks,
TS

Hello TS,

You can use the public methods which generally provides options to get and save content.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed