workflow rules do not allow page delete

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:45

workflow rules do not allow page delete

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

I am receiving a pop-up dialog box with the following message when I try to delete a page that I had created.
       workflow rules do not allow to delete myPageName

Here is what I did:
- signed in as admin
- created a page
- added text using the Content block widget
- clicked Publish  (that takes me to the Pages list)
- click Actions in the row for the page that I just created
- click delete
- I get the pop up w message: workflow rules do not allow to delete myPageName

What can we do to delete pages?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Phil,

I followed the steps you have described but I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Do you have any approval Workflow activated? Have you upgraded your project from previous version and which one?

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

"Do you have any approval Workflow activated?"
In the SF gui, when I click Administration/ Workflow.  A screen displays which says, No workflows have been created yet.  Define a workflow."  So I guess the answer is No.

Question: what table and field in the database can I check to see if we have an approval workflow activated?
Is it possible that the SF app is looking in one place when I click Administration/ Workflow and looking in some other place when I try to delete a page?

"Have you upgraded your project from previous version and which one?"  Yes.  This issue stated when I upgraded to build 1013.  and it has continued in the new upgrade - build 1098

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the clarification.
Unfortunately, we are still not able to reproduce this error and you are the fist one reporting such a problem. Can you send us your project (with the database), so we could investigate it locally. You can do this in a new support ticket.

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Based on your replies I dug deeper.  I noticed that the account I was using was in quite a few roles:
- Administrators
- CourseAuthors (ours)
- Authors
- Editors
- BackendUsers
- Designers

So I removed all these except Administrators and BackendUsers and I could delete pages fine.  Then I put each of the roles back in and I still can delete pages fine.

So, now, I cant replicate the problem either!  - but it appears that it was related to the net permissions that SF was giving this user.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

Was there a solution to this issue?  We are experiencing the same issue with the 4.1098.0 dll's.

At first I was able to create a couple of new pages with our controls on the pages.  Then suddenly when creating another page, it stopped working.  I can begin to create a new page, but if I try to publish the page (even without selecting a layout, or without adding any controls to the page) I receive the error popup : 

The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown or an internal server error.

If I go back to the Pages list, the new page has been createad and appears in the Pages list.  If I try to delete the page (or any other page), i get the following error:

Workflow rules do not allow to delete xxxx (where xxx is the page name).

I have never had any workflow rules defined.  Is workflow even important in allowing a page to be deleted?  Isn't deleting a function of permissions not a function of a role (not related to workflow)?

I noticed that even though I recevied an error message when Publishing a page, the page was in fact created.  However, if I had any controls on the page, these controls are NOT saved.

P.S. I was logged in as the administrator.  I tried creating a new user that was only in the admin role but that made no difference.

I just noticed that there are entried being added to the WIndows Application Log that are related to this issue:

WebHost failed to process a request.

Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/35320229

Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/DefaultWorkflows/PagesApprovalWorkflow.xamlx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: The following errors were encountered while processing the workflow tree:

'VisualBasicValue<WorkflowType>': Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "workflowDefinition.WorkflowType".

Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference.

'VisualBasicValue<Boolean>': Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "currentPrincipal.IsInRole(SecurityManager.AdminRoleName) And workflowDefinition.AllowAdministratorsToSkipWorkflow".

. ---> System.Activities.InvalidWorkflowException: The following errors were encountered while processing the workflow tree:

'VisualBasicValue<WorkflowType>': Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "workflowDefinition.WorkflowType".

'VisualBasicValue<Boolean>': Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "currentPrincipal.IsInRole(SecurityManager.AdminRoleName) And workflowDefinition.AllowAdministratorsToSkipWorkflow".

at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.ThrowIfViolationsExist(IList`1 validationErrors)

at System.Activities.WorkflowInspectionServices.CacheMetadata(Activity rootActivity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment)

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowService.WalkActivityTree()

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowService.GetContractDescriptions()

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost.CreateDescription(IDictionary`2& implementedContracts)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeDescription(UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost.InitializeDescription(WorkflowService serviceDefinition, UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost.InitializeFromConstructor(WorkflowService serviceDefinition, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost..ctor(WorkflowService serviceDefinition, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory.CreateWorkflowServiceHost(WorkflowService service, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)

Process Name: WebDev.WebServer40

Process ID: 7040

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the additional information.
We will investigate it further. The bug has been logged with high priority (ID 105367).

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Vlad,

Here is a little bit of additional information.  Yesterday, I was able to make a couple of pages and they were working, and then in the middle of working with the pages, I received the 2 errors I mentioned above.  From that point on, I was unable to create and save new pages or edit the existing pages.

This morning, after a complete computer shutdown, I am now able to create, edit and save pages again.

- Courtney

Courtney, 

In your original post you mentioned not being able to delete pages, but in your most recent post you dont mention deleting, one way or another - unless I am missing it.

Can you now delete pages?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

I too am now getting this error: 'The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown or an internal server error', plus unable to delete: msg: 'Workflow rules do not allow to delete Test', what's going on

Charles

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I checked the issue status and it is not done. We could not replicate the issue and we will need some more time to figure out what is going wrong. If you can provide some more details this will be great help for us.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan 
 I later last night posted a support ticket no.388773 with the project attached as I noted that to trail didn't have an example attached. 
Separately I also posted another problem ticket No 388678 re Orm dlls and of course there is the issue of radgrid in modules ( see ticket no 383896) that is the third major snag that I have found since release. I have wasted large amounts of time and I am rapidly loosing faith with 4.0 and your quality control. For a product that you wish to charge premium prices for you need to sort this stuff out fast or your customers will quickly be going elsewhere.

This most recent problem is a complete show stopper.
Regards

Charles 

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

I'm getting this now too

Ontop of that I'm getting "Missing current principal." trying to save page drafts

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I  wanted to address a question to everyone involved in here, so we can try to reproduce the problem with deleting pages more easily.

1)Do you all have this problem in an upgraded version of Sitefinity. Does anyone have problem with deleting a page with a project created from scratch with the official version of Sitefinity? - it will be very helpful if you provide an answer individually - Phil,Courtney,Charles,Steve

2)If someone here is having problems with deleting a page please attach the project files that are in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration

I am specifically interested in the WorkflowConfig.config file.

Greetings,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

regarding the build:  (as I stated in my 1/17/11 post in this thread)  This issue started when I upgraded to build 1013.  and it has continued in the new upgrade - build 1098

I am not currently having this problem.  My 1/17/11 post in this thread explains what I did to clear it up - although a cause-and-effect is unclear.

To me it appears that the problem is related to the net permissions that SF gives a user with several roles.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi
with 1133 all now seems OK, now all I have to do is re write the failed site into this version - hey ho what is another few hours!

Charles

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm getting the same error now in version 4.1.1395.0 after adding 4 new subpages at the 2nd level. I've added the pages directly after each other without going to the content editing page for the newly added page first. Can that be relevant?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Bert,

This error is thrown by the PageService when BatchDeleteContent method is called(Deletes an array of pages.
Result is returned in JSON format.)

1. Check whether you use workflow and you have applied some rules
2. Is this multilingual website or not?
3. Try running the following code by  passing the Page IDs

// get the pages you want to remove and pass the id to GetPageNode(Guid param);
                    var cnt = manager.GetPageNode(id);
                    currentItemTitle = cnt.Title.ToString();
                    var bag = new Dictionary<string, string>();
                    // if you are in mulitlingual mode set the second parameter to the Culture you want to delete, otherwise null
                    WorkflowManager.AddLanguageToWorkflowContext(bag, null);
                    WorkflowManager.MessageWorkflow(
                        cnt.Id,
                        cnt.GetType(),
                        providerName,
                        "Delete",
                        true,
                        bag);

so you can get some more details from the code in debug mode, about which pages causes the issue.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed