Updating from RC to Final

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:26

Updating from RC to Final

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

I installed the full Release Candidate package on my server and have an active project going. What's the best way to update to the final release? Should I download the full release package for the final release and install it? Will it update everything properly? Should I remove the release candidate package and install the final release and if I do, what happens to the project I currently have on there? Should I only download the new Project Manager or have the other items changed? If I only download the Project Manager, how do I get the new samples that are in the full package?

Sorry for all the questions...just don't want to screw up what I already have installed. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

I'm well-known for being hard headed so my approach may seem procedural.  I have a local project that I have been doing my development in.  I have allowed Sitefinity to control the name of the project.  I include the project in my solution along with other projects (customizations, modules, etc) and I use the Sitefinity project manager to update my local project.  Using Sitefinity project manager, I have created another project outside my working directory that is a pristine, unmolested copy of sitefinity.  In my external projects (services, util, etc) I reference the dll's in this pristine location.

After upgrading my working copy I have to go through and include files/folders that were in my SitefinityWebApp project but all of my other projects maintain their references.  I use VS2010 and publish the web app and I manually copy it to a server on my local network.  The process only takes me a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Philip Senechal,

Bryan's approach sound very good. Generally you can download only the Project Manager and upgrade existing projects. If however you have custom code compiled into assemblies I would recommend however downloading the whole install. This will provide you with all the assemblies we use (as well as with the Silverlight controls and OpenAccess and the OA Enhancer).

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed