Trial Message

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:26

Trial Message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

I had installed the RC as a trial. But now that 4.0 is official, I updated my license.

I went to Administration, Version & Licensing. It said the license I tried to upload (that I had downloaded My Account, Manage Domains and Licenses) was corrupt, so I let it fetch it for me by supplying my credentials. It seemed to work. The Version & Licensing page shows Standard Edition and Product Version 4.0.0.0.

The only thing I can think of is, I have installed on a development server on my LAN and I access it like http://devweb/. Since that doesn't match the domain I provided for the license, is that why I get the message? Or did I screw something up.

Thanks,
Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Thank for report the issue with the Sitefinity license key you downloaded. There was a temporary glitch in our system that is already resolved. You should be able to also manually activate Sitefinity license keys downloaded from you account now. I have updated your account with 500 Telerik Points.

Please, note that in your account on the Sitefinity License Management page the Download license key link downloads the license file for the latest official Sitefinity release. If you would like to download a license key for an older Sitefinity version such as version 3.7 you need to click on Manage for the particular license. The Manage link will take you to page where can manage the individual license, see its license subscription utility meter, and download license keys for older Sitefinity versions.

In regards to your question, Sitefinity displays a trial message under your development domain because this domain is not licensed. Your licensed domain is travelinsured.com. There is no problem to continue your development under the domain http://devweb, but you will continue receiving a trial message every few clicks. On the hand, you can use a sub domain such as devweb.travelinsured.com to access your development environment. In this case, Sitefinity won't throw a trial message because you are accessing the project through a licensed root domain name. 

Don't hesitate to contact us, if you have further questions. Good luck with your project! We wish you a successful website launch on Sitefinity 4.0!

Best wishes,
Anton
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

I have a question relative to the above. We have dev and test servers as well. We plan to buy two domains. Each domain will have seperate and test and dev instance in seperate servers. How is licensing works? We plan to use 3.7 version for now. ONce we download the license key, where do we need to update to avoid getting the message from dev and test servers? Please clarify.

THanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

We replied to this question in a forum post. You can read our answer here.

Have a great weekend! Let us know, if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Anton
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello all, I am new on this site,So I want discussion regading Trial massage.Please someone provide some information regading same.Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Komal,

Thank you for your interest in Sitefinity CMS! For any sales inquiries, please contact our sales managers at sales@sitefinity.com - they will gladly address any questions that you have!

They are looking forward to your e-mail!

Greetings,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Grisha,

I am getting a license issue as well. I am trying to start up a project and I get the attached error. I enter my details correct and it says that I have no license against my account. Oggy said he added me as a developer. I downloaded the key and pointed to it and still the same issue.

What's wrong?

Andrei
--------------
Sorry did it again and it worked this time. Still, why did my email address and password did not work. I've seen this time it displayed the Project Manager's details (Chris Job). 
Anyway, it worked so that's ok.
Many thanks,
Andrei

I have the same trial message issue.  Now all development has been halted for the last 2 days since no one can access our development SF server.  We have been developing our clients site since the RC of SF and now 2 days ago we can't get into it.  We have a license bought already but we don't want to register it since it says once u register it to a domain u can't change it.  We don't want to register it to our local server since we will need it registered for our clients domain once the site is deployed next month.  I've emailed your sales@telerik.com but haven't heard anything back yet.  How can i get my multiple developrs/designers back up and working on this asap.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Michael,

If you have purchased a license, you can go ahead and apply its license file to your project in development. The purchased license key will allow you to continue your project development on localhost. You can register a domain for the purchased license at any future point and until them you can work with that license on localhost. If you were to access the project form a domain other than the localhost, you will receive the occasional trial message if the paid license hasn't been associated with a domain. As soon as you register your domain for the purchased license all you need to do is update your license key and the trial message will disappear for the licensed domain name and all its sub domains.

We wish you a successful project launch! 

Anton
Solutions Consultant | Sitefinity CMS

This thread is closed