Save Widget data to Custom Table

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:24

Save Widget data to Custom Table

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

What is the best way to save data entered into a custom widget to tables that I created?  Can the page node id be used to retrieve that data for display purposes?  Is there any documentation for this?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Joe,

You have to create a custom data layer that will persist your properties in the table you want. Generally all properties are saved to [sf_control_properties] table of the database by OpenAccessDecorator

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Similarly we looking Joe's query. We have some fields like first name,position, amount etc...user enter these information and submit  however we want to store these information in a separate table . how SF provide us easiest way.

If we want to retrieve these information and display in a grid then we can write a query but where can we write this query.?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi All,

Pardon my ignorance. But, i'm curious as to the reasoning behind creating one's own tables vs. getting data from SF generated tables.

Just trying to learn about that approach and any of its related benefits.

Thanks in advance,
Gregory

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi,

If it is a widget property, it is saved in the sf_control_properties table and you can query the data from there. If it is designer/widget specific you can use custom designer or other way to persist the data wherever you want.

docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-extend-sitefinity-s-data-model

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed