Widget Translation Issue with Syncing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:09

Widget Translation Issue with Syncing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2011 00:00

Hey folks,

I've been following along with examples here in the forum and through the tutorial documentation to create and register widgets (both user and custom) and all is going well.

I'm running into an issue, however, when I make a synced localized copy of an existing page. In other words, I have an English About page, have chosen to make a French version of that page, picked the Copy option to copy from another language, and chosen to sync my pages.  My test page has a single user control widget on it with a single exposed string variable.

My issue is that any custom widgets, whether they are custom control widgets or user control widgets, that appear on those pages are always showing the last version of updated text.  So if I enter "English Title" in the English version of my test widget, it shows up on the French version too.  If I edit the French version of my test widget and enter "French Title", it also then shows up on the English version.  All versions of the page widget always just show whatever text I updated last. 

I don't have that experience with built in widgets, like the Content Block.  And if I choose to stop syncing the pages, everything works as expected.

I'm wondering if there's a registration step or input box that make these widgets truly localized, or if there's something else to be added that I just haven't come across.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks much

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello William,

To have string properties working in multilingual mode you have to mark them with the

MultilingualProperty attribute (Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PropertyPersisters.MultilingualPropertyAttribute).

If you're using 3rd party components the easiest solution is to inherit the component and use the attribute for the properties that you want.

Kind regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks, Pavel.  That did the trick.  I must have missed that in my document reading.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2017 00:00

Pavel, 

I have the same issue like William had. The MultilingualProperty attribute is depreciated. How to solve this problem with 9.2?

Please also see my forum post here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../best-way-to-add-localized-instance-specific-user-control-properties

regards, Mikael

This thread is closed