Cutom Workflows ..

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:40

Cutom Workflows ..

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,,

What event fires a custom workflow. For example, if I want to simply send an email in a custom workflow what would fire the event to send the email. I need this information to build a custom workflow. I'm not sure where the entry point is for a custom workflow. Can you provide step by step instructions on how to build and upload a custom workflow ?

Thanks in advance ..

jon

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Jon,

For  Content items - news,events,pages etc we use xamlx files hosted in WCF service.You can crate custom xaml files for the content content with a DecisionActivity - which specifies what next options(actions) you have at a certain status of the item - example: on "Draft" status you have "Send For Approval" and  "Delete" action, on "Awaiting Approval" status - you have "Reject" and  "Publish" - these are specified by using a DecisionActivity in the FlowCharts. Inside these activities you can inject email sending.

Since Sitefinity 4.0 official release the xaml files are embedded into Telerik.Sitefinity.dll
You can change the xaml file from Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Workflow >> Workflows

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed