SF 3.7SP4 to 4.0 upgrade project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:16

SF 3.7SP4 to 4.0 upgrade project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

I am involved in upgrading a SF 3.7sp4 project (.net 4.0) to SF4.0.  I am following along with the migration instructions for SF Migration tool located here (http://sitefinitymigration.codeplex.com/documentation).

All is going well, but I don't understand how to create the SiteFinity 4.0 project.
- Open your existing Sitefinity 4.0 website project that will be the destination of your migration

I don't use the SiteFinity Project Manager to create or update my projects.  We maintain the website application in source code control.

They path I was going to take was to create a new project using the SiteFinity Project Manager on my SF4.0 installation.  Then, take that directory and copy it over my SF 3.7SP4 source code.   Will that work?  I know there are a lot of web.config changes with SF4.0.

Am I on the right track?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi rick,

I sent a reply to you in your support request. If you need further assistance, let me know.

Regards,
Liubomir
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed