Slow start and slow functionallity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:27

Slow start and slow functionallity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi!

I'm new in Sitefinity I have installed it on a virtual machine in VMWare and when I start the project it goes very slow, every time I try to make some action it take a lot time to make it.

The virtual machine have 1.5 GB RAM
The host machine have 4 GB

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Miguel Reig,

Would you elaborate a little bit more on the technical details of the machine in which you host the project such Operating System and CPU? This is a common setup for us and we don't experience any problems with it. Also do you run your project under IIS?

Also it will be extremely helpful if you provide us with a short video so that we can estimate the actual performance of the website. You can also compare the performance of your website and a sandbox hosted trial of our Stareter Kits.

Thank you for contacting us, please let me know in case you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi!

Virtual
1.5 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate

Host
4gb
Windows 7 Home Premium
Core2Duo 2.1 Mhz

I don't run in IIS

I try sandbox hosted and works perfect on host and virtual

I attach a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iQUv0UIca4

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Miguel Reig,

The problem is that the project manager is using the Cassini web server which is shipped with Visual Studio and is meant for development purposes only. My suggestion is to host the website on IIS or open the project in Visual Studio and hit F5 to check whether the problem comes from our implementation of the Cassini web server or is a problem in general. Our Quality Assurance tests show that the delta of using IIS and Cassini is more than 300%.

In order to install IIS 7.5 on your host machine follow the instructions here.

Please let me know whether the problem still persists.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed