Module: Polls and Discussion

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:55

Module: Polls and Discussion

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hey,

I'm currently running the Sitefinity 4.0 version that was released a couple days ago. Can some please confirm if this version has the ability to create Discussion boards and Surveys please. I'm not sure but do they exist at all in this release? I'm having trouble finding the modules for it. I know the previous version had a Polls module but I'm not seeing it in the 4.0 version. Thanks guys!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Jesse,

The available modules are

• Content
  • Events
  • News
  • Blogs
  • Newsletters
  • Forms
  • Images
  • Documents and Files

Pools module is not implemented in Sitefinity 4.0, but we have plans to have it on a later stage. We have not scheduled time frame for the implementation.

You could try using Forms module which allow you to create form items with drag and drop. Each form has a response which you can use.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am using the poll widget for the sitefinity. i simply cannot find the solution on how to disable revoting. I want to prevent revoting from one computer sever times.  When I use Ipblocking the people in the organization cannot vote. It blocks  global IP. When I set Ipblocking to False then a person can vote sever times from various browsers and consequently the results are not accurate. Please advice how can i prevent revoting from the same computer. Thank you.   

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Zura,

I suppose you are referring to the Sitefintiy 3.x Polls Module, please correct me if I'm wrong? I believe Pavel's reply in this forum thread explains very well the current behavior you're observing and points to a resource explaining further how you can achieve the desired behavior through customizing the module. Please let us know if the provided resources help or you need some further assistance?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed