Navigation widget empty when selecting "all pages under

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:27

Navigation widget empty when selecting "all pages under particular page"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi
I've added a navigation widget to a page with child pages.
In the settings, I've chosen a vertical list, and show "All pages under particular page" and then selected the page in the page selector. The page is shown in the settings, but nothing shows up in the widget. All child pages have permissions set to view by anyone, but they do not even show up when logged in as admin.
I've tried readding and adding the navigation widget, and get the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ryan

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan,

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the problem locally.

I tried the following steps:
PageTest
           >Page1
           >Page2

• Opened PageTest >add ‘Navigation’ widget
  • Clicked ‘Edit’ link
  • Selected ‘Verticalnavigation
  • Then set ‘PageTest’ from Select ‘All pages under particular page’
  • Clicked ‘Save
  • Page1 and Page2 was shown in the Navigation widget
Let me know if I missed something.

Can you please give us a complete set of steps and pre-conditions in order to reproduce the issue?

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan,

What is the status of the pages? Are they published?

If they are not, try to publish them and check again.
Pages which are not published will not be displayed in the navigation.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I noticed that, it happens when the parent page is group page!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Saeed,

I still could not reproduce the problem locally (see attached video). Which Sitefinity version are you running?

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sonya,
I saw the Video, and it seems it works fine on your machine!
In my Case I've tried to Create an About Menu as "Grouping Menu" that will redirect to it's first child "Overview" but in Overview page It couldn't show the Menu Items under About Node!

I'm using V4.1 Sp1, Maybe Its solved in Sp2?

I also had a problem for showing pages under a page that Its Show in navigation was false, but had same problem there too!

Hi Saeed,

Can you make a short movie of the problem? Would you give us an access to the problematic website backend, so we will try to see what could be the problem. 

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok, But I prefer to give you my local servers IP in private!
Please send me an email, I'll reply access info!

Hello Saeed,

You can open a Bug Report and give us access to your project. 

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Sonya,

what is the status about the problem with navigation ? I prepare currently upgrade from version 3.7 SP4 to 5.4 and I encountered similar problem with vertical navigation.

Regards,

Pavol Kokinda

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Pavol,

We fixed a problem with the navigation in the hotfix 5.4 4010. Did you try it in this version? If you are experiencing a problem in 5.4 4010, please open a Bug Report so we can investigate it. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed