RSS Feeds

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:34

RSS Feeds

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Is it possibel to have a page display a content from external RSS feed.

I have created an Rss feed and click on external - provided the link to it but all i can do with that is have an RSS feed on our site fwith content of the external RSS.

What i would like to do is show the formatted RSS content on our site instead of a link.

Is anything like that there out-of-the-box?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello marko,

Thank you for using our services.

Such feature is not available out of the box. You can either use this demo and create a custom control which reads from RSS feeds, or import the feed as a type of contend and use built in content view controls to display this content.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2011 00:00

how would you import the feed as type of content ?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello marko,

Please review the attached screen cast. The Feeds & Publishing feature can import content from external feeds.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

that was very helpful but... :)

- is it possibel to auto send for approval - or even auto approve and publish the rss content in a blog

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi marko,

You can skip the workfow for administrators only.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

True - but if i do that then the administrator can accidentally post an article - and it will show posted by admin - is there any easier way of doing it other then customization 

Hi marko,

There is no other option that you can use to do this from the UI. It is possible to modify the workflow xaml files as another solution.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed