Starter kids - Errors

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:01

Starter kids - Errors

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

I have installed "Charity kit" on our test server and created a sandbox on sitefinity.com. If I want to edit in the "petecsb.sandbox.sitefinity.com/contact-us" I get errors on both servers. What is wrong? 

I am
 interested in knowing how Microsoft Maps are implemented in the solution.

Sincerely,
 Peter

Hi,

I have an error when trying to start up the Education Starter Kit.

Server Error in '/' Application.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SQLException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps) +1244
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon() +383

[DataStoreException: Unable to connect to Backend=mssql;Driver=genericADO2;Server=.;Instance=SQLExpress;Database=-;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFilename=C:\Documents and Settings\andrei\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Education Starter Kit\Website\App_Data\Sitefinity.mdf;:
Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon()
DBDriver: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver
LOCK_TIMEOUT=5000
useUTCForReads=1 Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon()]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMembershipProvider_c017e93ea37f41fe868ae87762ac6819.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +284
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +2706
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +117
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +407
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +249
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor() +37
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager..ctor() +28

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +196
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager() +72
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager.GetManager() +27
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.InitializeProvidersList() +144
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.CreateChildControls() +93
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +20
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id) +12
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.get_ChangePasswordLink() +58
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.UpdateVisibilityOfLinks() +193
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.set_ShowChangePasswordLink(Boolean value) +102
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.LoginRouteHandler.SetLoginLogoutFroms(Page handler, RequestContext requestContext, String view) +537
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.LoginRouteHandler.InitializeHttpHandler(Page handler, RequestContext requestContext) +303
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandlerBase.Handler_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +306
   System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +8876158
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +328

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

I double-checked that the .mdf file is where the application is looking. Still not working. Any ideas.
I was going to attach it to my SQL Server but it seems that the version of the .mdf is higher and hence can not be attached.

Let me know,
Andrei 

Hello Andrei,

"An error occurred when establishing a connection to the server" - this error is thrown because your SQL server is not accessible - remote connections are not allowed, TCP protocol is not enabled or the SQL service is down. You may find this link useful An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. Check this post as well.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan,

Thank you very much. In the end I have upgraded my SQL Express instance to R2 and attached the database to it. It is working fine now.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Ivan,

The next challenge is logging into the admin area. I did not know what users there are already in the Education Starter Kit. Could not find any documentation anywhere. So I went to the Users table in the database and changed the password formats and changed the passwords. Still can not enter the website.

Any ideas?
Andrei

Hi Andrei and Peter,

The credentials are as follow:
Username: admin
Password: password

We will make sure to include the credentials in the logging page so that there is no confusion.

Peter, would you send us a support message with the credentials of your sandbox so that we can check where the problem is? You have changed your default password and I cannot login into your sandbox in order to resolve the issue.

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to receiving more of your feedback!

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed