Twitter feed with URL

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:00

Twitter feed with URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

I got the twitter feed to post to twitter but there is no URL posted to twitter back to the site.

how is this achieved - also - a url shortener is probably required in the middle

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Marko,

While creating a new twitter feed the default mappings include the Title and the Link of the content to post. In order to verify that go to your feed and click on the Settings of the Publish as Twitter Feed. Then from the popup window select Mapping Settings and verify that the Link is included in the publishing point.

The url shortener will be available with some of our future releases. Please let me know whether there is anything else I could help you with.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Corrent

I canve Content: Title
and Link: Link

However the link is not published

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Marko,

We will check when we will be able to provide the link shorting.
Could you please let us know for which content items the link is not being posted?

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

ok - so we finally got back to working on this :)

the news link is posted fine  - except for lenght but i will leave that as is for now

The blog on the other hand isn't posting a link.

when you create a blog it has a "url" at the bottom that you can change - but i don't think that is actually usable - as you need to include a blog to be a displayed via a page with blog content ?

help .... :)

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Marko,

When you create a blog it has a "url" at the bottom that you can change - but i don't think that is actually usable - as you need to include a blog to be a displayed via a page with blog content ?

You are right. We are logging this as a bug, unfortunately we cannot provide you with a workaround at this time.
We have updated your Telerik account.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello,
Is there an ETA on when the link shortening will be available for Twitter feeds? Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hi NWTResearch,

We won't be able to do it for Q2, but we can revise this for Q3.
Meanwhile we will try to provide some workarounds. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

This was supposed to be one of the big selling point of Sitefinity 4.0 (along with Facebook integration) and now we are being told wait for the 4.3 release. This will be 9 months (or so) after the initial release. I know you all are busy and I really do appreciate the work that has been put into Sitefinity 4.2 to make it stable and get on a steady release cycle, but isn't it time to dedicate some resources to the base features that have been promised since It's first release in January. 

This was a big selling point to some potential clients and when I had to go back and say, "well, it's coming but not ready yet", I have lost the sell. This is a basic CMS feature now a days.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello John Tolar,

First of all, please excuse us for the frustration and the limitation of using this feature, but the team has been really focused on delivering a stable Sitefinity 4.2 release with tremendous improvements in its performance. We are currently focusing on including small gadgets and features specifically targeting a better social network experience such as out of the box twitter and facebook widgets as well as a nice and convenient way to share your Sitefinity content with other users. All those features are on the table for Sitefinity 4.3 and we will push hard to deliver them. I will also increase the priority of this feature as it is a small but yet really valuable thing.

Except URL shortener, do you expect other directions in our Social Media experience?

Thank you for contacting us and please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

"We are currently focusing on including small gadgets and features specifically targeting a better social network experience such as out of the box twitter and facebook widgets as well as a nice and convenient way to share your Sitefinity content with other users. All those features are on the table for Sitefinity 4.3 and we will push hard to deliver them. I will also increase the priority of this feature as it is a small but yet really valuable thing.

Except URL shortener, do you expect other directions in our Social Media experience?"

First I do think that 4.2 was a big stride forward to delivering a stable product and I do believe in the Sitefinity product and it's potential even though it has cost me tens of thousands in lost non-billable time.  I feel that if the above statement is the direction that the product is taking, it is the wrong direction. Small gadgets or widgets are nice, but I expect a more basic core feature set that vendors and partners can use to build these gadgets and widgets upon. I don't feel that Telerik should be in the Module/Widget market as this is stretching the statement in the partners section that Telerik does not compete against it's partners. 

Telerik is not directly competing against partners, but the time that was spent in the paid ECommerce module could have been better spent implementing modules and core functionality that further the partners ability to successfully deploy 4.x sites. Why wasn't a partner such as Fallafel, Solar Velocity, TankBar or another Platinum partner tapped to build this module. 

Sitefinity 4.2 was a great release, but the resources spent on the ECommerce module could have been redirected and 4.2 could have been a truly awesome release.

I know that as a developer we forget about the other half of the users that are not. I know that Telerik is trying to build a CMS that the common designer or marketer can use, but I would like to know how many companies that use Sitefinity that do not have a developer on staff. I would say that most companies are small business like myself or web shops that build on top of Sitefinity because of it's unique user experience and is a great base CMS we can build upon.

The top 3 things I expect in a CMS platform that I can use to customize the Social experience.  

1. (as above) Twitter URL Shortner provider framework. The current publishing pipe is useless without this. Take for example the latest blog by Gabe Sumner on the Sitefinity Site. 

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-08-16/the_sitefinity_designers_challenge_is_now_in_progress.aspx
This is 116 characters we now have 24 characters left. The title is 54 characters. So the tweet would look like

"The Sitefinity Designers Challenge is now in progress! - www.sitefinity.com/.../the_sitefinity_designers_"

instead of

"The Sitefinity Designers Challenge is now in progress! http://me.lt/432PO " this leaves 66 characters left for comments and RT.

2. Posting blogs, news and events to Facebook through a built in publishing pipe like the twitter feeds. 

3. Provider framework for publishing to new social media outlets (Like Google+ once the api is out, Myspace, MSN Live Spaces)

OH AND I EXPECT DOCUMENTATION OF THESE CORE FEATURES. We are still waiting on documentation on new features that was introduced in 4.2 but not documented... (Like the Backend Definition Fluent API).

All I really expect is that Telerik say's they are offering something or implementing a new feature and it only gets implemented halfway or pushed back 9 months like the first two items in my list that was supposed to be delivered in the original release in January.

I am sure there are more things that others would like to see, but these are the top 3 that come to mind. 

Add to that list YouTube/Facebook publishing of videos and pictures to Facebook/Flikr/Picasa/Photobucket. Then again, if we had a provider framework we could write our own and distribute it through the marketplace.

This thread is closed