delete a page and its children

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:23

delete a page and its children

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

I need to delete a page and all its children.  Right now I am not able to delete a pagenode.

With this code:

var manager = PageManager.GetManager();
        var guidCourseToDelete = new Guid(ddlCourses.SelectedValue);
        var pn = new PageNode("LessonBuilder1030/", guidCourseToDelete);
// at this point pn.Id is the correct value
        manager.Delete(pn);

I get the following error.  Please advise.  Thanks

[InvalidOperationException: The instance is transient]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_dafc00828d0746a3be537e06dd250766.Delete(PageNode item) +249
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.Delete(PageNode item) +181
   LessonBuilder_UserControls_DeleteCourse.CmdDeleteCourse_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\CurrentFiles\Projects\LessonBuilder1098\LessonBuilderApp\Sitefinity\LessonBuilder\UserControls\DeleteCourse.ascx.cs:39
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBefo

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Phil,

I am a little bit unsure that the approach you are taking has correct logic. You are first creating a new node and then trying to delete it right away. If you do not want to store the page node you should just not call save changes (this will rollback transaction). In case that you wish to delete a page it is recommended that you use the Fluent API to get the corresponding page node you wish to delete and delete it:

public void DeletePage(string pageTitle)
    App.WorkWith().Pages()
       .Where(p => p.Page.Title == pageTitle)
       .Delete()
       .SaveChanges();

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed