Issue with Default view for Content > Images

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:04

Issue with Default view for Content > Images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I'm finding that since I'm not able to store images in the file system (no way for content editors to add them) the default view for Content > Images is becoming increasingly slow and cumbersome. Is there a way we can either have the default or an option to set the default to a list of Image Albums instead of all images? To me this makes far more sense from a user point of view and is a no brainer from a performance point of view.

If it's already possible to set this as the default view I'd love it if someone could tell me how.

Related, when using the RadEditor to place images from the Gallery (this has been mentioned in another post) there's a similar issue where all images are displayed and its slow. I also find it very poor UI design that the scrollable window for images is bigger than the popup window, so at first look the Insert Image button is hidden from view. If you're going to have a scrolling window anyway, why not make it fit within the dimensions of your popup window (I've only tested this in Chrome, the window size issue could be browser specific).

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Phill ,

Thanks for all your involvement and feedback. It is highly appreciated.
I will escalate the issues you reported to our user experience team so that they can take a look at them. Unfortunately I am not able to give you a certain time for when it will be fixed.
They are logged to our issue track system (ID 105088/105460).

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

We are having this same problem... it's taking 30-45 seconds to open the insert an image dialog and load all the images only to have to reload the actual album that we want.  Any way to modify what album is loaded first or 'break' it so it doesn't load all the images?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi John,

We turned on paging for both All items and Albums, wich should fix the performance problem. The fix will be included in SP1 release that is scheduled for the next week.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

How about paging in Image Selector?

//Kiril

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Kiril,

We have included the pager in the Image Selector in this week's internal build. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed